Emotional Skills Group / DBT
Life is often unpredictable and there are plenty of situations that are outside of your control. This group is about teaching you the skills to help manage what you can control… your response to what life throws your way. We will teach you skills to:
- Grow in your self-awareness
- Navigate social interactions in healthy ways to promote positive relationships
- Proactively avoid impulsive emotional reactions and behaviors you regret later
- Effectively tolerate distressing events when you cannot change your circumstances
Teen Emotional Skills Group / DBT
This group is for high school-aged girls. Spend a day learning about yourself and how to handle distressing situations using healthy coping mechanisms.
Spiritual Abuse Group
This is an eight-week group therapy for men and women who have been hurt by a past church or religious experience. This group provides a venue for participants to tell their story and ultimately seeks to lay a foundation upon which grief, lament, and forgiveness can eventually be built.
Created For Connection / Hold Me Tight® Couples Workshop
What: This one-day workshop is being offered by EFT trained alum Brad Werner and Alicia Seidler, LPC through One Family Church and Revision Christian Counseling. This workshop is based upon two books by Dr. Sue Johnson – Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love and Created for Connection: The “Hold Me Tight” Guide for Christian Couples, which she wrote with Ken Sanderfer. These books offer a revolutionary new way to see and shape love relationships and is modeled after Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). You and your partner will learn to:
- Share your deepest needs and desires with your partner
- Create an environment for real understanding within your relationship
- Recognize and then disable common and repetitive patterns
- Deepen your emotional and physical connection
- Restore the intimacy you once shared
- Create a safe, secure and loving bond which enhances trust
- Perpetuate what you’ve learned for a lifetime of love
When: Saturday, June 29th 2019 from 9:00am to 5:30pm
Where: One Family Church at 6358 Delmar, St. Louis, MO 63130
Cost: The cost is $299 per couple. A limited number of scholarships are available based on financial need. Contact Revision Christian Counseling for details.